Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care
“Imagine a senior living community where people are encouraged to express their unique personality and talents to continue making meaningful contributions to their friends, family and community.”
Keystone Commons’ spacious and elegant independent living and assisted living apartments are offered on a month-to-month rental basis with no large upfront “entrance” or “endowment” fee. Our inclusive monthly fees cover 80% to 90% of the cost of living for most individuals. Our residents get so much for their money, and are free from the worries of household repair, upkeep and maintenance, meaning time can be spent on more important things, like favorite hobbies, interests, family and friends.
Find out all of the wonderful things that our residents say about us. And find out why we have won several Caring Star awards. Please check out our reviews. Read first-hand what our residents say about their living in the place they now call home. And, learn about what other folks who have visited here have to say about their experience.
Serving Ludlow and surrounding towns
Our Memory Café provides a welcoming place for people with memory loss and their family caregivers and friends to engage with others experiencing similar lifestyle changes in a comfortable, safe, supportive setting.
Activities each month will vary, and all are free. Monthly social gatherings may include:
- Music: guest performances, sing-alongs or playing of musical instruments
- Visual arts: workshops in drawing, painting, pottery and more
- Health and wellness activities
- Educational lectures
- Support and resources for those dealing with memory loss
When: Last Thursday of each month
Time: 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Where: Keystone Commons, 460 West Street, Ludlow, MA 01056
Our Memory Café is free and open to the public. Pre-registration appreciated. For more information or to register to attend our next Memory Café gathering, please call (413) 583-6611. You can also register using the form below.
How to Care for an Aging Loved One
Whether you are currently caring for an aging loved one or anticipate doing so in the future, this talk will provide you with practical information on how best to manage the multifaceted challenges and emotional stress many face as caregivers.
Topics to be covered:
- How to recognize the signs of deteriorating health or frailty in a loved one
- How to talk to a loved one about health and safety concerns
- A guide to understanding the various stages of Alzheimer’s and caregiving for a loved one with changes in cognitive functioning
- Evaluating the many and varied care options including in-home care, assisted living and skilled nursing care
- Assisted living – dispelling the myths and misconceptions
- Little known ways to afford needed care, including a Veterans Affairs pension ranging between $1,176 and $2,169 per month that veterans and their surviving spouse may be eligible for
- How to determine the most appropriate care and support option
Joan Roche, Ph.D., RN, GCNS-BC
A Board Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist in Gerontological Nursing.
Choose from one of two sessions!
Tuesday, October 2nd
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Refreshments will be served
Wednesday, October 3rd
5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Hors d’oeuvres will be served
at Keystone Commons
460 West Street, Ludlow, MA 01056
Leave your name and email below along with what you are looking for and we will get back to you.
Or you can call us at 413-583-6611.
Inquirer consents that Keystone Commons may communicate via phone, postal mail, email and/or fax. Communications may include information regarding Keystone Commons residences and services, billing-related notices, notices required by law and Keystone Commons news. If Inquirer wishes to opt out of solicitation communications, Keystone Commons will comply with all applicable law. Keystone Commons does not sell or provide to any third party any Inquirer information.